Understanding the Sync panel is an integral part of understanding Mylio, troubleshooting syncing issues and knowing where your photos are and where they want to go. Below is a list of important parts of the Sync panel and what they mean.
1. Sync Panel Icon– To view the Sync panel, click on the sync icon in the top right corner of the Details panel.
2. Total Number in Selection – This number reflects the total number of media that you have selected. The Sync panel will adapt the information that it displays depending on what you currently have selected.
3. Selected folder – What folder is selected. The Sync panel will display information specifically about the folder listed here.
4. Sync Panel View Settings – Adjust between viewing only online Mylio Devices or all Mylio Devices. You can also toggle on Compact View and Advanced Selection mode.
5. Protection Status Bar – The Protection bar reflects the protection status of your selection. Green = protected, yellow = at risk.
6. Device List – Toggle this open or closed to view your list of Mylio devices.
7. Device icon – The device icon can tell you quickly if you are on a mobile device or computer. You can also click this icon to bring up individual device settings.
8. Device Name – The individual name for a device in Mylio. You can click on it at any time to bring up Sync settings for this specific device.
9. Thumbnail Status – A small version of your photo (20 to 30kb) that is great for referencing your full library. Ideal for mobile devices. Does not allow editing. The bar changes in color based on the status of Thumbnails on your device. Green means that there are Thumbnails on that device, yellow means that the device wants them but doesn’t have them, and gray means that it doesn’t want them and it doesn’t have them.
10. Preview Status – Medium quality (approximately 1mb) that gives an accurate representation of your photos at a fraction of the space. Perfect for laptops or tablets. Fully editable. Green means that there are Previews on that device, yellow means that the device wants them but doesn’t have them, and gray means that it doesn’t want them and it doesn’t have them.
11. Original Status – Your full quality file (original file size). Great for desktops or high capacity laptops. RAW Compatible. Fully editable. Green means that there are Originals on that device, yellow means that the device wants them but doesn’t have them, and gray means that it doesn’t want them and it doesn’t have them.
12. Connection Status – Shows the connection status and speed for the specific device.
13. Not Connected – Indicates that the device is not online and not actively syncing.
14. Synced Protection Device – The green shield represents that a device wants originals and is done syncing.
15. Syncing Status Icon – The icons represents that this device is syncing.
16. Number of Media to Sync – represents how many files need to sync of that quality type.
17. Offline Protection Device – The grey shield represents a device that wants Originals that is not currently syncing.
18. Offline Preview Device – The grey circle represents a device that does not want Originals and is not currently syncing.
19. Activity section – Lists any activity and pending tasks that Mylio has queued up.