While troubleshooting with a Mylio representative you may be asked to send logs to help solve an issue. Logs may include information about your library and recent actions that you have made. It does not include any photos (except a screenshot if specified). This article will help you understand how to send logs.
- Select Help from the View menu.
- Select Contact Mylio Support.
- Fill in a subject and any comments that help describe the issue. If asked to customize your logs, you can do so with the gear at the top right.
- Confirm if you would or would not like to give Mylio Support access to collect logs regardings this issue later.
- Select Upload to send the logs to your Mylio Support Team member.
Submitting Helpful Screenshots
Sometimes, a Mylio Support team member may request a specific set of screenshots. Providing an informative screenshot can cut the diagnostic time for your issue down drastically, but it must be done in a very specific manner. Here is how:
- Open Mylio on a computer.
- Bring as many devices online as possible by opening Mylio on them while they’re on the same network.
- Navigate to Mylio’s Settings from the View menu.
- Select Advances, then toggle on Sync Panel.
- Open the Sync panel by selecting “Sync” from within the Details panel.
- Ensure that both the Devices and Activity sections of the Sync panel are open and visible.
- With the Sync panel open, click on folders twice in the View Selector. Clicking this twice will take you to the top level of your library and ensure that nothing is selected.
- The Sync panel will now display information about your full library instead of a specific selection. This will tell us where your images are and where they need to go.
- To take a screenshot on Mac, press Command+shift+3 to have the image saved to your desktop. That image can then be emailed to your support member.
- To take a screenshot on Windows, press Control+PrtScn, open the Paint application and paste (Control+v) the image. You can then save the image and email it your support member.
Your screenshot should look like this…