Your iPhoto Library may not be automatically detected by Mylio when using the iPhoto import tool. You can use the “Other Library…” option to manually locate the iPhoto Library.
If the iPhoto Library is grayed out when selecting from the “Other Library…” menu, follow these troubleshooting steps:
Ensure that iPhoto is of Version 9.5 or Later
- Open your iPhoto application.
- Select iPhoto from the top left of the Menu bar.
- Select About iPhoto.
- If the iPhoto Library is running on a version of iPhoto older than 9.5, it is not compatible to import and may need manually exported.
Add “.photolibrary” to the iPhoto Library Extension
- Close iPhoto.
- Open Finder.
- Locate the iPhoto Library you are attempting to import. This is generally found in the Pictures folder.
- Select the iPhoto Library by clicking it one time.
- Push the Return key on your keyboard to edit the name of the file.
- At the end of your iPhoto Library name, add “.photolibrary”. For example, if your iPhoto Library was named “iPhoto Library” it should now be named “iPhoto Library.photolibrary”.
- Push Return again to confirm the change.
- Attempt the iPhoto import again.