Mylio makes moving your entire Apple Photos library into Mylio easy with the full Photos migration tool. Mylio’s Photos import tool will bring over your original images and albums. Photos import does not include edits made to your photos.
Please note: If you are running macOS Sierra or newer, you may need to run these additional steps before importing Photos.
Please note: this process will copy your photos from Photos to Mylio, giving you two separate libraries. Changes within Photos post-import will not reflect in Mylio.
When importing from Photos, the following information will be brought into Mylio:
- Original photos with metadata
- Original videos with metadata
- Photo Metadata
- Image Date / Time Zone
- Favorite or Rating (Favorite = 4 stars in Mylio)
- Color Label
Import Your Photos Library
- Be sure the Photos application is closed.
- Open Mylio and select “Import” from the Navigation Panel.
- Scroll down in the import menu and select “Aperture / iPhoto / Photos”.
- Mylio will search for your Photos library automatically. If Your Photos library is not found, select “Other Library…” and show Mylio where it is.
- Select your Photos Library and click “Continue” in the bottom right.
- Information about your Photos library will be displayed automatically.
Please note: Mylio is creating a copy of your Photos Library, so “Available Disk Space” field to must be larger than the “Library Size” field.
- Once the information has been confirmed, select “Start Import” to begin the Photos import.
- Mylio will automatically begin to import your Photos Library. If you would like to continue working in Mylio while Photos imports, you can click the minimize size (-) in the top left of the import menu. If minimized, the status of the import can be seen in the Activity section of the Sync Panel.
- Once completed, Mylio will display a blue information bar that says “Library Import Completed. See details…” Click “See details” to learn specifics about your Photos migration, like any errors, keywords, edited media, etc…
- By default, the Photos library will be placed outside, but next to, the Mylio Pictures folder. Since a copy command was performed you can freely move this folder inside of Mylio Pictures if desired. This folder can quickly be organized by using Mylio’s Auto-organization feature.