Importing your Lightroom photos into Mylio is easy and allows for expansive interoperability between the two applications. Using Mylio’s Lightroom import is similar to using the Source Folder import option. Photos are not duplicated but referenced in their original location. Any changes made to the files in Mylio will be reflected in the file system. Deleting a file in Mylio means deleting it from your computer and Lightroom.
Here is how to use Mylio’s Lightroom import:
- Select Import from the Navigation panel.
- Select Lightroom.
- Mylio will ask you to locate a folder that you would like to import. Be sure you are pointing Mylio to the folder(s) holding your photos.
- With the folder you would like to import selected, select Open.
- Mylio will alert you that there are changes that need to be made to Lightroom in order for your edits to be transferred. More information on this can be found here.
- Mylio will begin importing your photos and display them in a folder with the same name as the folder you selected. In the screenshot below, we have selected to import a folder named Lightroom Photos.