Import Full iPhoto Library
Mylio makes moving your entire iPhoto Library quick and easy. Mylio’s iPhoto import tool includes the ability to import the vast majority of information found within your iPhoto Library. For a complete list of what is and what is not imported from iPhoto to Mylio, please see the “iPhoto Edits in Mylio” tab of this article.
Import Your iPhoto Library
- Be sure that the iPhoto Application is closed.
- Open Mylio and select the Import button from the top right corner of Mylio.
- Within import menu select ‘Aperture / iPhotos / Photos’.
- Mylio will search for your iPhoto library automatically. If your iPhoto library is not found, select Other Library… and show Mylio where it is.
- Select your iPhoto Library and click Continue in the bottom right.
- Information about your iPhoto library will be displayed automatically.
- Once the information has been confirmed, select Start Import to begin the iPhoto import.
- Mylio will automatically begin to import your iPhoto Library. If you would like to continue working in Mylio while iPhoto imports, you can click the minimize size (-) in the top left of the import menu. If minimized, the status of the import can be seen in the Activity section of the Sync panel.
- Once completed, Mylio will display a blue information bar that says “Library Import Completed. See details…” Click “here to learn specifics about your iPhoto migration, like any errors, keywords, edited media, and more.
- By default, the iPhoto library will be placed outside of, but next to, the Mylio Pictures folder. Since a copy command was performed you can freely move this folder inside of the Mylio Pictures folder if desired.
Import Partial iPhoto Library
This guide will show you how to export individual pieces of information out of iPhoto and directly into Mylio.
- Open your iPhoto Library.
- You can easily select multiple events to export or multiple albums to export, but events and albums cannot be mixed and will need to be exported separately.
- With the events or albums you want to import into Mylio selected, navigate to File > Export…
- iPhoto allows you to customize your export. Select File Export at the top left of this window. To maintain the highest quality files, your settings should be set as…
– Kind: Original
– File Name: Use filename
– Prefix for sequential: leave empty
– Subfolder Format: Event/Album Name
- Once your settings are in place, select Export.
- iPhoto will allow you to export your files to your file system. Locate your Mylio Library (by default this is in your user folder).
- Your Mylio Library will include your Mylio Pictures folder. Save your photos to this location.
- Once the export is complete, open Mylio.
- The Mylio Pictures folder will automatically be populated with your iPhoto photos. Manipulating them here will not affect iPhoto.
iPhoto Edits in Mylio
When running Mylio’s automatic iPhoto import, there may be some data in iPhoto that does not translate directly to Mylio. Below is a list of information that Mylio does and does not support.
|Edit – Crop||Crop|
|Edit – Rotate||Rotate|
|Edit – Exposure||Exposure|
|Edit – Saturation||Saturation|
|Edit – Contrast||Contrast|
|Edit – Temp||Temp|
|Edit – Tint||Tint|
|Edit – Shadow||Shadow|
|Edit – Sharpen||Sharpen|
|Edit – Black & White||Black and White|
|Edit – Effects||Not Currently Supported|
|Edit – Definition||Clarity|
|Edit – Highlight||Highlight|
|Hidden Files||Import as normal|