When first logging into Mylio on your iOS device (iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch), you will be asked if you would like to import your device’s Camera Roll. The Camera Roll includes any photos that you have taken with your iOS device, or any photo manually loaded to your iOS device using iTunes on a computer.
Importing Camera Roll
If during setup you asked Mylio to not import your Camera Roll, you can add it at any time with these steps:
- Open Mylio on your iOS device.
- Open the Settings by selecting Settings from the View menu.
- Tap Import.
- Tap Add Camera Roll.
- Mylio will automatically create a folder for your iOS device within the Mylio Pictures folder called “Your_Device’s_Name’s iOS Library”.
Mylio’s Relationship with the Camera Roll
Mylio has a unique relationship with your device’s Camera Roll in order to ensure your photos are safe inside and outside of your Mylio Library. In general, Mylio has read-only access to your Camera Roll. Here are the guidelines for how Mylio and your Camera
- When importing your photos, Mylio references the original images. It does not duplicate the image.
- When importing, Mylio will make a Mylio-specific Thumbnail or Preview, depending on your setup.
- If a photo is deleted from the Camera Roll before Mylio is opened, the photo will not be imported.
- If a photo taken with your iOS device is deleted from Mylio, it will not delete from the Camera Roll but will be deleted from within Mylio on all other devices.
- If a photo is deleted from the Camera Roll after being imported but before the Original has synced to another device, only the Mylio-specific Thumbnail or Preview will remain as Mylio is simply referencing on the original file.
- If a photo is deleted from the Camera Roll after being imported and after syncing the original to another device, only the Mylio-specific Thumbnail or Preview will remain on the iOS device, but the Original will remain in the synced location.
Stopping Import from the Camera Roll
If you have previously imported photos from your device’s Camera Roll but would like to prohibit Mylio from importing photos in the future, follow these steps:
- Outside of Mylio, navigate to Settings > Privacy > Photos.
- Locate Mylio in the list of applications that have access to your photos.
- Turn off Mylio’s photo access.
New photos taken with your device will no longer be imported into Mylio, but your original folder and photos will remain within Mylio.