If you are currently using or have previously used Apple’s Photos application for macOS you may notice that some terms and features are slightly different in Mylio.
- Albums in Photos are very similar to albums in Mylio, they can contain photos from several locations around your library and will display them all together.
- Events in Photos roughly translate to folders in Mylio, but could also be used like albums.
- Editing in photos was done by selecting Edit while viewing a photo. Mylio’s editing controls are located in the Edit panel of the Details panel.
- Face Recognition in Photos was only displayed by choosing ‘show face names” from the view menu. You can show similar face recognition information in Mylio by clicking the Face Tagging button in the Quick Actions bar. Mylio also includes a central location for all tagged faces in People view.
- Location data in Photos was displayed in the photo inspector. In Mylio this data is shown in the Map section of the Details panel. Mylio also collects all tagged locations in Map view.
- Favorites is Photos rating system. Mylio uses a 1-5 rating system to allow more specific ratings. Mylio can also use labels as well as ratings to provide several layers of tagging.
- Photo Metadata in Photos is shown in the photo inspector. In Mylio, all metadata is displayed in the Info section of the Details panel.