Mylio allows for you to select whether you would like to sync thumbnails, previews, originals for specific files or folders. With this, you can manage your storage and ensure that the right photos are ready for you whenever you need them.
This article will walk you through how to adjust sync policies for a specific photo, video, or folder on your devices.
Note: sync policy adjustments for folders can be made from any device for any device, while specific image or file sync policy adjustments can only be done to the device you are using.
- Open the sync panel to show the list of devices in Mylio.
- Select the folder, photo, or video that you want to change settings on by clicking on it once on a computer or tapping and holding on it on your touchscreen device.
- The top of the sync panel will show information about your selection. This means that the changes we make to the sync panel will only apply to what is shown at the top of the sync panel. If the sync panel displays “Library” or anything other than your selection, confirm your selection again in the main window by clicking it once.
- Select the device you want to make changes to by clicking on its name. This will open the sync policy window. Note that, while folders can have their sync policy adjusted on any device by any device, files can only have their sync policy adjusted for the device you are currently using.
- Any alterations made to the sync panel will now only be changing the selected folder(s), photo(s), or video(s).
- Once you’ve made these changes, Mylio will then apply them to the specific device and folder you’ve selected.
- If lowering the resolution of synced photos, any photos already synced to the device will remain cached locally until you clear the cache.