Setting a Sync Policy for a device sets the standard quality in which that device will sync photos. For instance, if an iPad has a device Sync Policy set to Previews, new photos will always sync to the iPad as Previews by default. You can manually adjust specific folder or file Sync Policies to sync in a different quality, but new photos will always sync as the device’s Sync Policy.
Adjusting device Sync Policies can be done by:
- Open Mylio on any device, you can adjust Sync Policy of any device from any device.
- Select the Dashboard to open it.
- Mylio will display the devices registered to your account. Select the device you wish to adjust the Sync Policy for and select Device Settings.
- Within this window, you can adjust the Default Photo Size & Quality to sync Thumbnails, Previews or Originals.
- Once selected, select Apply to confirm the change.
If you have increased your device Sync Policy you will need to sync the changed device with a device that has the newly-requested quality.
When setting a device Sync Policy, Mylio will always sync the photos of lower resolution as well. For instance, if the device Sync Policy is Originals, the device will have Originals, Previews, and Thumbnails. If a device is set to Previews it will have both Previews and Thumbnails.