Managing the devices on your Mylio account ensures that each device you have registered is setup and behaving as expected. Knowing the settings available to the devices on your account can help you better utilize Mylio to your liking.
Opening the Device Settings
- Open Mylio’s Dashboard.
- Select the device that you wish to edit the settings of to open the Device Settings dialog.
Using the Device Settings Window
The Device Settings dialog allows you to alter the settings for a specific device in regards to how it relates to Mylio. Below are the major components of the Device Settings menu…
- Device Nickname – The device name can be changed by simply selecting it.
- Clear Cache – Mylio’s cache will hold photos that your machine has but does not want. This generally happens after changing Sync Policies for your machine. Use this command to clear the cache.
- Unregister this Device – Remove this device completely from Mylio. This options will cause the current device stops syncing with future photos. It is recommended that you ensure all photos within this copy of Mylio are synced to other copies before unregistering a device. You can also unregister a device from your account management page.
- Show Media Waiting To Sync – Displays the media that is currently waiting to sync to that device.
- Device Quality – Choose the quality in which photos will sync to this device. Options include…
- Vault – Device will hold all originals.
- Auto-Optimized – Mylio will intelligently decide what quality of image to sync to your device.
- Advanced – Allows you to choose between Thumbnails, Previews, and Vault to set a specific policy for your device.
- Selective Sync – With Advanced on, you can use Selective Sync to adjust the Folder and File Sync Policy on your device. Learn more here.
- Minimum Free Space – Set the space threshold that Mylio is allowed to work within. Setting this number means that Mylio will not sync if you have less than this space available on your machine.
- Vault Migration – Mylio will walk you through the steps of transferring a Vault that may be low on storage to a higher storage device.