Managing the devices on your Mylio account ensures that each device you have registered is setup and behaving as expected. Knowing the settings available to the devices on your account can help you better utilize Mylio to your liking.
Opening the Device Settings
- Open Mylio’s Dashboard.
- Select the device that you wish to edit the settings for.
- Select Device Settings.
Using the Device Settings Window
The Device Settings dialog allows you to alter the settings for a specific device in regards to how it relates to Mylio. Below are the major components of the Device Settings menu…
- Device Nickname – The device name can be changed by simply selecting it.
- Space – Space used by Mylio and space available will be displayed. This allows you to check how much storage your entire Mylio Library is using.
- Default Photo Size & Quality – Adjust your device’s default Sync Policy here.
- Device Offsite – Changing a device to offsite allows you to tell Mylio that any Originals on this device are stored offsite, and thus offer a higher level of protection. Full Protection is achieved when you have three copies of your photos. Two local copies and an offsite copy.
- Shuttle (Mylio Max only) – Set up this device to shuttle information between two or more other devices. Read more about Shuttle here.
- Minimum Free Space – Set the space threshold that Mylio is allowed to work within. Setting this number means that Mylio will not sync if you have less than this space available on your machine.
- Clear Cache – Mylio’s cache will hold photos that your machine has but does not want. This generally happens after changing Sync Policies for your machine. Use this command to clear the cache.
- Unregister this Device – Remove this device completely from Mylio. This options will cause the current device stops syncing with future photos. It is recommended that you ensure all photos within this copy of Mylio are synced to other copies before unregistering a device. You can also unregister a device from your account management page.