Mylio’s Dashboard is a simple yet powerful tool that allows you to see the status of all of your devices at a single glance and view any recent notifications from Mylio. Notifications that require your attention will also display a bell, alerting you to check the dashboard.
Locating the Dashboard
- Open the Navigation panel.
- The Dashboard is located within the Navigation panel by your library’s media count.
Your Dashboard’s Devices tab will tell you information about all of the devices on your Mylio account. This information includes:
- Device Name – The name of your device. This can be altered in that device’s settings.
- Device Type – Represented by the icon for the device. Mylio will display your device as a desktop computer, laptop computer, tablet, or phone.
- How many files need to be synced – Mylio alerts you that a device needs to sync new media with a badge on the device’s icon. A red badge shows how many Originals need to sync, a grey badge shows how many Thumbnails or Previews need to sync.
- Connection Status – Your device’s connection status can be found below the device. Connection statuses have four states:
- If a device is available for Mylio to communicate with and has media to sync, Mylio will read “Syncing” under the device’s name.
- If a device is available for Mylio to communicate with and has no new media to sync, Mylio will read “In Sync”.
- If a device is unavailable for Mylio to communicate with, it will read “Unavailable”.
- If a device is unavailable for Mylio to communicate with and has new media to sync, it will read “Out of Sync”.
- Space Used – How much space is used by Mylio and how much free space the device has.
Extended Device Information
Additional information about your devices can be found by selecting the device itself in the dashboard. When selected, Mylio will display further details about your device:
- Device Name – The name of your device
- Mylio Version – The version of Mylio that is running on that device. It is always recommended to keep your devices up to date, especially if you encounter syncing issues.
- Show Media Waiting to Sync – Displays which media is currently out of sync on the selected device.
- Happiness Status – If your device is fully synced, Mylio will alert you that the selected device is happy and does not require further syncing.
- Device Settings – Adjust the device settings for the selected device.
If you are looking to improve your protection status or add additional devices to your Mylio account, you can do so from the Dashboard by selecting the plus sign at the top right. Additional information on this option can be found here.
The Notification tab within Mylio’s Dashboard will alert you to any processes that have successfully, or unsuccessfully, happened in Mylio. This is also where Mylio will report any errors about your library.
This list of notifications will be logged chronologically and often offer suggestions on fixes for critical issues.
To clear Mylio’s notifications, select Clear all Messages at the top of the Notification tab of the Dashboard.
Adjusting Notification Settings
Mylio can limit what activity populates the Notification tab of the Dashboard by changing your notification settings. To do this:
- Open the Notifications tab within the Dashboard.
- Select the gear in the top right of the notifications tab.
- Toggle on or off specific notifications that you wish to be displayed.
In some cases, Mylio may alert you that there is important information that you should know about. This is done by displaying a small bell on the left side of Mylio’s Dashboard.
When this icon is seen, it is best to navigate to the Notifications tab of the Dashboard. Here, Mylio will list any issues and alert you how to fix them.