Import Digital Photos and Scans
Learn » Organize your family history.Family Historian
Estimated time: 30 minutes
Mylio helps you bring all your photos into one organized library so you can preserve, protect, and pass on your family legacy.
Get Mylio on Your Computer
- Visit mylio.com on your computer.
- Download and install Mylio.
- Sign in with a username and password.
- The setup wizard will help you with your first import.
- Make additional imports using the import arrow () in the top right.
Get Mylio on Your Mobile Devices
- Visit mylio.com on that device.
- Download Mylio from the App Store or Play Store.
- Sign in the same way on all your devices. Use the same email/password, or use the same third-party sign in.
- Open Mylio on your mobile device.
- Open the View Menu () in the top right.
- Click Settings.
- Click Import.
- Click Add Media Library.
Add Physical Photos
To add physical photos you’d like to secure forever, scan those photos. You can scan them yourself or send them to a scanning service.
If you scan them yourself, the scanning software will let you pick a destination for your files.
- Choose the Mylio Pictures folder (or any subfolder).
- Add the media to that folder.
- Mylio automatically imports those pictures to your library.
If you send your photos to a scanning service, they will send you digital versions of your files.
- If you get those files back through a Cloud service, add that Cloud service to Mylio.
- Mylio supports Amazon Drive, Google Drive, and OneDrive.
- Go to the Dashboard ( ).
- In the Devices section, click the ADD button.
- Select the location of your digital photos.