Applying a watermark is an essential way of keeping your photos protected when sharing online. Mylio allows for a customizable watermark to be added to your photo via the export menu. For full flexibility, each machine on your Mylio account can have its own watermark setting.
How to Add a Watermark
To add a watermark to your photo…
- Select the share icon.
- Select your export type. Mylio can add watermarks for these export types…
- Toggle on ‘Apply Watermark’.
- Open the watermark settings by selecting your current watermark. By default, this is set to “Copyright YOUR NAME”.
Customizing Your Watermark
Mylio allows for full customization of your watermark. This includes…
- Watermark Text – The text you would like applied to your photos. For the copyright symbol, use “option+g” on Mac or by “holding alt and typing 0169” on your Windows Machines number pad.
- Horizontal alignment – Where on your photo, horizontally, you would like your watermark placed.
- Vertical alignment – Where on your photo, vertically, you would like your watermark placed.
- Height % – The height (size) of the watermark text in percentage of total photo height. Example… 100 = 100% font size, the watermark will overlay the entire photo vertically.
- Margin % – The distance from the edge of your photo. The higher the %, the more inset the watermark will be.
- Font – The font in which you would like your watermark text to display in.
- Foreground Color – The color in which you would like your watermark text to display in. Opacity allows you to adjust the translucency of this parameter.
- Background Color – The color in which you would like the background of your watermark text to display over. Opacity allows you to adjust the translucency of this parameter.
Exporting Your Watermark
Once your customizations have been set, you can export your photos with the watermark attached…
- Exit the watermark customization screen with the back arrow in the top left.
- Ensure the watermark is toggled on, then select ‘Export’.
- Your photo will be exported with the watermark.