Mylio is a powerful tool that gives you direct control over your file system. Because of this, it is important to know the difference between removing a file and deleting it.
Removing a folder in Mylio will remove the image from your Mylio Library. This means that the photo will not longer be displayed in Mylio and no longer be available to sync between your devices.
When removing a folder from Mylio, you will need to select and remove the top level folder of your import. For example, if you import a folder called “Animals” and includes 3 folders, “Zebras”, “Cats”, and “Elephants”, you are not able to remove the “Cats” folder as it is part of the “Animals” folder. Instead, you would need to remove the full “Animals” folder.
Removing a folder from Mylio is easy…
- Open Mylio and select the folder that you would like to remove.
- Select the folder and right click on it (Control+click on Mac).
- Select ‘Remove folder from Catalog’.
- Mylio will automatically remove the folder from all of your devices, but the original files will stay on the drive in their original location
If you would like to remove files from a specific device, see ‘Hiding unsynced folders’.
Deleting a file with Mylio will completely delete the file from your computer. The image will not longer be displayed in Mylio and will be sent to the trash on your computer (or instantly deleted on iOS and Android).
If you’ve added this folder via ‘Source Folders’, Mylio will be deleting the original image from its referenced location.
To delete a file or folder…
- Open Mylio and select the file or folder you would like to delete.
- Press the delete key on the keyboard or select the trash can at the bottom of the center panel.
- Select ‘Delete from ALL devices’.
Remove from this device
The remove from this device option allows you to quickly set Mylio’s sync policy to not want thumbnails, previews, or originals for the device you are using. Coupled with ‘Hide unsynced folders’ this will make a specific item invisible on your machine.
To remove a specific file from the device you are using…
- Open Mylio and select the file or folder you would like to remove from the device you are using.
- Press the delete key on a computer or select the trashcan at the bottom of the center panel on your mobile device.
- Select ‘Remove’ or ‘Remove from this device’.