The new home for all of your photos is as fun to learn as it is to use. We’ll walk you through the first steps of getting your photos imported, protected and on all of your devices.
On a computer, navigate to www.mylio.com/download to get Mylio. Once downloaded, use the App Store on your iOS devices, or the Play Store on your Android devices, to download Mylio. Using your Mylio Account email and password, sign into Mylio on all of the devices you want to sync pictures and video across.
Mylio uses a wi-fi network to move your photos between your devices (this is called peer-to-peer syncing). In order for your photos to sync across all of your devices, they must meet three criteria:
- All devices signed into the same Mylio account
- All devices on the same wi-fi network
- All devices have Mylio running at the same time
Photos can be imported into Mylio from many different sources. Importing your photos from your computer can be done using the Import menu. Within the Import menu, you have many different options for your import…
- Copy Folders – Mylio will duplicate the selected folders from their original location and add it directly to your Mylio library.
- Add External Drive to Mylio – Select folders on an external drive that you would like Mylio to reference. The drive will be added as a protection device and the selected folders displayed in your Mylio Library while remaining on the external drive.
- iPhoto / Photos / Aperture – Mylio will copy your Photos, iPhoto, or Aperture Library directly into your Mylio Library. This will copy your photos, file structure, and most edits and metadata.
- Online Services – Copy photos directly from your Facebook albums, Flickr account, or Picasa / Google Photos account to be displayed in Mylio.
- Source Folders – Add your existing photo library into Mylio by simply selecting the folder(s) where your images are stored. Mylio will ensure the Mylio Library is kept up to date when new photos or videos are added to these folders.
On a mobile device, importing your camera roll happens automatically. However, if you need to add your camera roll again you can do so from the Import menu within your device’s Mylio settings. If Mylio alerts you that the Camera Roll or Media Library is already added, it may have been done during initial setup.
Mylio will automatically import new photos taken with your device. Deleting a photo from Mylio that was taken with your mobile device will not be removed from the device’s Camera Roll / Media Library.
- Thumbnails – A small version of your photo (20 to 30kb) that is great for referencing your full library. Ideal for mobile devices. Does not allow editing.
- Previews – Medium quality (approximately 1mb) that gives an accurate representation of your photos at a fraction of the space. Perfect for laptops or tablets. Fully editable.
- Originals – Your full quality file (original file size). Great for desktops or high capacity laptops. RAW Compatible. Fully editable.
Though every device on your account will have a default sync policy, Mylio may send higher resolution versions of specific photos to your devices (given it has space). Mylio may decide to sync a higher quality version of a photo if it meets certain criteria, such as photos that have been put in albums, photos that have been highly rated, or photos that have been edited.
To see which devices are connected to your account and their current status, open the device map from within
the Navigation Panel, or by selecting “Devices” within your media count on mobile devices. Mylio will display a list of devices connected to your account and tell you if they are currently online and accesible from your other devices.
Protecting your photos is an integral part of Mylio. Photos imported into Mylio can be automatically sent to external hard drives or NAS (Network-attached Storage) devices. Setting up an external device can be done by selecting File > Add Removable Device or File > Add NAS Device.
By adding a removable device or a NAS device, you are asking Mylio to protect all media that is in your library to the external device. By default, all originals will be set to be protected on the added device. The status of your protection can be seen by looking at the “Originals” bar under your protection device in the sync panel.