Mylio makes moving your entire iPhoto Library into the Mylio system quick and easy with the full iPhoto migration tool. Mylio’s iPhoto migration tool includes the ability to bring over the vast majority of information found within your iPhoto Library. For a complete list of what is and what is not imported from iPhoto to Mylio, please see this article.
Please note: this process will copy your photos from iPhoto to Mylio, giving you two separate libraries. Changes within iPhoto post-import will not reflect in Mylio.
Import Your iPhoto Library
- Be sure that the iPhoto Application is closed.
- Open Mylio and select “Import” from the Navigation Panel.
- Scroll down in the import menu and select‘Aperture / iPhotos / Photos’.
- Mylio will search for your iPhoto library automatically. If Your iPhoto library is not found, select “Other Library…” and show Mylio where it is.
- Select your iPhoto Library and click “Continue” in the bottom right.
- Information about your iPhoto library will be displayed automatically.Please note: Mylio is creating a copy of your iPhoto Library, so “Available Disk Space” field to must be larger than the “Library Size” field.
- Once the information has been confirmed, select “Start Import” to begin the iPhoto import.
- Mylio will automatically begin to import your iPhoto Library. If you would like to continue working in Mylio while iPhoto imports, you can click the minimize size (-) in the top left of the import menu. If minimized, the status of the import can be seen in the Activity section of the Sync Panel.
- Once completed, Mylio will display a blue information bar that says “Library Import Completed. See details…” Click “See details” to learn specifics about your iPhoto migration, like any errors, keywords, edited media, etc…
- By default, the iPhoto library will be placed outside, but next to, the Mylio Pictures folder. Since a copy command was performed you can freely move this folder inside of Mylio Pictures if desired.