If you are currently using, or have previously used iPhoto, you may notice that some terms and features are slightly different in Mylio.
- Albums in iPhoto are very similar to Albums in Mylio, they can contain photos from several locations around your library and will display them all together
- Events in iPhoto roughly translate to Folders in Mylio, but could also be used like Albums.
- Editing in iPhoto was done by selecting Edit while viewing a photo. Mylio’s editing controls are located in the Edit pane of the Details Panel.
- Face Recognition in iPhoto was displayed in the Faces section. Mylio includes a central location for all tagged faces under the People section in the Navigation Panel. You can also show face recognition information by clicking the “Face Tagging” button in the lower toolbar.
- Places data in iPhoto was displayed in the Places section. In Mylio this data is shown in the Places section of the Details Panel. Mylio also collects all tagged locations in the Places section of the Navigation Panel.
- Photo Metadata in iPhoto is shown in the Top of the Right Sidebar. In Mylio, all metadata is displayed in the Info panel of the Details Panel.
- Keepsakes in iPhoto let you design Books, Calendars, and Cards with the photos in your library. While Mylio does not support this type of design, you can export any Photo, Folder, or Album and use them with any other program or online service that can help you create physical media.
- Slideshows in iPhoto are very similar to slideshows in Mylio. For more information on creating slideshows see this support article, and to create a video from your slideshow.