If you have previously or are currently using Aperture you may notice that some terms and features are slightly different in Mylio.
- Albums in Aperture are very similar to Albums in Mylio, they can contain photos from several locations around your library and will display them all together
- Projects in Aperture translate to Folders in Mylio
- Editing in Aperture was done in the Adjustments Panel of the Left Sidebar while viewing a photo. Mylio’s editing controls are located in the Edit panel of the Details Panel.
- Face Recognition in Aperture was displayed in the Faces section. Mylio includes a central location for all tagged faces under the People section in the Navigation Panel. You can also show face recognition information by clicking the “Face Tagging” button in the lower toolbar.
- Location data in Aperture was displayed in the Places section. In Mylio this data is shown in the Places section of the Navigation Panel. Mylio also collects all tagged locations in the Places section of the Details Panel.
- Photo Metadata in Aperture is shown in the Info Panel of the Left Sidebar. In Mylio, all metadata is displayed in the Info panel of the Details Panel.
- Books in Aperture let you design Books with the photos in your library. While Mylio does not support this type of design, you can export any Photo, Folder, or Album and use them with any other program or online service that can help you create physical media.
- Slideshows in Aperture are very similar to slideshows in Mylio. For more information on creating slideshows see this article, and to create a video from your slideshow.